It is temporarily prohibited for all foreigners to enter / transit the territory of the Republic of Indonesia. The regulation will enter into force on 2 April 2020 until further notice.
There is an exception for the following people:
- Foreigners who hold Indonesian Temporary Stay Permit (KITAS) or Permanent Stay Permit (KITAP)
- Foreigners who hold Indonesian Diplomatic Visa or Service Visa
- Foreigners who hold Indonesian Diplomatic Stay Permit of Service Stay Permit
- Medical, food and humanitarian aid support workers
- The crew of means of transport (airline crew)
- People whose travel is associated with essential work for national strategic projects such as infrastructure of constructions
The Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia will suspend all its visa services until further notice, except for Diplomatic Visa, Service Visa and Limited Stay Visa specifically for foreigners who are going to work for national strategic projects. Foreigners who get an exception to enter the Indonesian territory must provide the following additional documents during their visa application besides the regular requirements:
- Health certificate (in English) issued by relevant health authorities from their respective countries.
The healthcertificate should mention that the person concerned is fit enough to travel and free from respiratory infection symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, a cold, short of breath) and proof of a negative PCR test. The letter is valid for max. 7 days
- Statement of willingness to be quarantined by the Government of the Republic of Indonesia for 14 days
The information stated here in our previous update is also still in effect until further notice