Use this guide to find out how to apply for a Business visa.
Step 1: Find out if you need to apply for a visa
Double check if you should apply for a Business visa based on your travel purpose, travel frequency and duration.
Step 2: Find out when you need to apply
Note that the processing time for a tourist visa takes 5 (five) working days. Furthermore, the visa has to be used within 90 days from the date of application, otherwise it will expire. If you have an authorization letter, note that this is valid for 90 days upon date of issue. Also take into consideration the extra amount of time it might take to gather all the supplementary documents.
Step 3: Gather the necessary documents to apply
Before starting your application, be sure you have the following documents in order:
- One original passport sized photograph.
- National passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from the date of entry in Indonesia.
- A copy of your flight itinerary (to and out of Indonesia), specifying name of passenger, flight dates and numbers.
- For non-Dutch citizens/nationals: a copy of your residence permit or a copy of a BRP record (“Uittreksel Basisregistratie personen“) from your local city hall.
- The supporting documents depending on the purpose of your travel.
Step 4: Fill in the online visa application form
Use the online application form to complete the required documents you need to submit your visa application.
Step 5: Download the visa application form and print it out
Once you finished filling in the online application form, you can download a pdf version of your completed form. Once downloaded, print it out and add it to the pile of of necessary documents as listed in step 3.
Step 6: Make an appointment at the Embassy
Make an appointment to come to the Embassy in order to submit all your documents using the online appointment booking tool. You will receive a confirmation mail upon having made an appointment.
Step 7: Come to the appointment
During your appointment you submit all the necessary documents so that it can be processed.
Step 8: Collect your visa
After 5 working days, you can retrieve your passport and receive your visa by coming to the Embassy. You need not make an appointment as you can collect your visa between 15.00 and 16.00.